If you’re having issues getting started with IoTivity, these common questions and answers should help.
I’m having issues with curl
- The IoTivity installer script can be found here.
- The OTGC installer script can be found here.
- Both scripts can be copied to a local .sh file and executed if the curl command is failing.
- Run all scripts as superuser.
I’m building on Windows
- Check the “Building sample applications on Windows” section of the “IoTivity-lite” github folder.
I’m not building on Windows or Ubuntu Linux 18, and have generic toolchain issues
- Try installing Ubuntu Linux 18 or creating an Ubuntu 18 VM using VMWare Workstation (free download for non-commercial use).
Is there an Android client?
- Yes! The Android version of the OTGC can be installed following these directions.
Is there an Windows client?
Yes! Device Spy runs on windows and can be installed following these directions.
Device Spy is an Onboarding Tool and generic Client, and interacts with devices on JSON level.
Still no luck?