Welcome! There is a very useful set of primers posted at https://openconnectivity.org/developer/developer-kit. To go straight into building and running IoTivity, just follow these steps:
Download the IoTivity Lite source by executing this command at the Linux command prompt:
curl https://openconnectivity.github.io/IOTivity-Lite-setup/install.sh | bash
- Generate and build a Server Device, by following "Initial Flow" steps 1 and 2 in these instructions: https://github.com/openconnectivity/IOTivity-Lite-setup#initial-flow
Download and install the pre-built Linux OTGC - an example Client application - using this command:
curl https://openconnectivityfoundation.github.io/development-support/otgc/linux/install.sh | bash
- Launch the Server Device using "run.sh" as detailed in "Initial Flow" step 3 in the instructions above.
- Launch the OTGC following instructions here: https://github.com/openconnectivityfoundation/development-support/blob/master/otgc/README.md#launch-the-otgc-on-linux-x86-debian
- Use the OTGC to discover and "onboard" (pair) your Server Device, by following the instructions here: OTGC User Manual -> "User Instructions" -> "Linux" -> "Onboard device"
- Use the OTGC to Retrieve and Update some Resources on the Server Device.
Congratulations! You are ready to begin creating your own Device. You may want to check out our guide for building an OCF Device for your own hardware.